1. Connecting & Using Amazon Alexa
Sign in to your Amazon account to access Alexa on OV when you first open the OV app.
From the OV app:
- Go to Settings on the OV app
- Select Amazon Alexa and follow the steps
If you already use the Amazon App on your device, you may not require a sign-in and your Amazon account will become linked.
Briefly press Power/Alexa button to begin an Alexa command session (do not press and hold the button unless you intend to power OV off).
Alexa is a cloud based service that offers more control with your voice than ever before. From lighting control to adjusting your thermostat, Alexa can pretty much do anything these days. We love it for music.
Think of a song you want to hear and ask Alexa to play it. OV with Alexa and Amazon Music services provides access to millions of songs and books, thousands of radio stations, all with the sound of your voice. No searching, no scrolling, no fumbling with your phone.
Note: When using OV, you do not require an Amazon Echo, Amazon Tap or Amazon Echo Dot to use Alexa and Amazon Voice or Music Services.
Note: OV users can listen to any music on TuneIn Radio as well as iHeart Music at any time. In addition, Amazon Prime members have access to about 2 Million songs. Beyond that, Amazon offers Music Unlimited which has a library of about 30 million songs.*
* Amazon prime members may need to pay a monthly fee above and beyond the Prime membership for Music Unlimited.
Note: Alexa communicates for a voice session through the (phone call and voice recognition), if a phone call comes through your Alexa session is interrupted (HFP), you will need to beckon Alexa again to restart your voice recognition session (HFP).
Download the Alexa App to enhance your Alexa abilities.
More about Alexa
2. Charging your OV
ONvocal USB cables are tested thoroughly and adhere to government standards. To keep you safe and your devices working properly, we recommend you follow these guidelines:
- Always charge your ONvocal product with the included cable and certified USB charging sources.
- Store your devices and cables in a safe place away from moisture, extreme temperatures, and debris as these can cause fire, electric shock, injury, or damage to your ONvocal product.
- Always charge your devices in a dry environment away from all sources of moisture.
- Inspect your cables and devices for any damage or debris that could interfere with the proper performance of your ONvocal products.
- Make sure all connections are fully engaged before charging your device.
- Always plug and unplug your cables and chargers by holding onto the end of the cable.
- Keep the connectors free of foreign objects and debris.
- Always charge your device in a well-ventilated area.
3. Turning OV on
Once OV is charged, (Charge OV with the included micro-USB cable.), press and hold Power button to turn on OV. The LED flashes red and white to indicate pairing mode is active.
4. Navigating OV Headset
Left side of neckband
- Power/Alexa Button – Press and hold this button for 3 seconds to turn on/off OV.
When powered on, a brief press of this button activates Alexa.
- Voice Button – A brief press of this button turns on/off the Voice feature. The Voice feature allows for instant feedback of your own voice so that you can hear yourself and adjust your speech to the appropriate volume. Holding this button down allows you to scroll through various level settings (so you don’t have to use the app).
- Ambient Button – A brief press of this button turns on/off the ambient microphones in the earbuds. This feature allows you to mix in sounds from the world around you.
A double press of this button puts OV in Chat Mode. This mode drops the volume level of your music/content and raises the level of ambient and voice sounds so that you can have a good and clear conversation. Holding this button down allows you to scroll through various level settings (so you don’t have to use the app).
Right side of neckband
- Audio Up Button – This button turns up the volume level of the content playing on your device.
- Audio Down Button – This button turns down the volume level of the content playing on your device.
- Play/Pause Button – This button will play or pause your content. Double press to skip to the next track or video in a playlist. If you are in “Phone Call” preset mode, a brief single press of this button will mute your microphone so that people on the other end of your call cannot hear you.
Right Earbud Button – A brief press of this button will answer an incoming call. If you are not on a call, a brief press of this button will summon Siri or Google on your phone (internet access is required to use these services) — If you are on a call and you press the button you will terminate the call.
5. Getting the OV App
Download the ONvocal app on an iOS device:
- Tap the App Store icon on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Tap the search icon (magnifying glass) in the navigation bar > search for ‘ONvocal’.
Note: ONvocal is only available from the US app store.
Note: ONvocal does not appear when ‘iPad Only’ is applied as a filter.
- Tap Get next to the ONvocal app icon > tap Install > enter your Apple ID password or Touch ID.
- Once downloaded, tap Open or tap the ONvocal icon in your Home Screen to open.
If you need help with your Apple ID, please contact Apple at https://appleid.apple.com
Download the ONvocal app on an Android device:
- Tap the Google Play icon on your device.
- Tap the search field or icon (magnifying glass) > search for ‘ONvocal’.
- Tap the result ONvocal > Install > follow the onscreen instructions to complete the download.
- Once you have downloaded the app, tap Open or locate the ONvocal icon on your homescreen > open the app.
Note: If you need help setting up your Google account, please contact Google Help at https://support.google.com.
- If you’re unable to download the app on your Android device, you may need to update your device software or it might not be supported at this time. Make sure that your device meets the specifications required for compatibility.
Note: ONvocal is only available from the US Google Play Store.
6. Updating your Device Software
To make sure the ONvocal app runs smoothly, update to the latest version of software available for your device. After you’ve updated your software, download the latest version of the ONvocal app App Store, Google Play Store for the newest features and fixes.
Note: If you’re unable to download the ONvocal app after updating your device’s operating system, your device may not be supported.
Update iOS Device Software
- Plug your device into a power source.
- From the device’s home screen, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
For more information on updating your iOS, visit Apple’s Support site.
Update Android Device Software
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap About > System Updates or Software Updates and choose to update to the latest software version.
Note: Instructions for updating software on your specific device should be available on Google’s Android Support page.
7. Which devices can I use with the OV App
iOS Device Compatibility
We recommend that your Apple device needs to be running the latest iOS version; however we currently support iOS9 and iOS10 which are available on the following devices:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPod touch (5th generation and higher)
- iPad (2nd generation)
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- 9.7 inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini with Retina display
Android Device Compatibility
We recommend that your Android device needs to be running the latest OS version; however, we currently support OS 5.0 and above.
8. Pairing & Connecting to your OV
Pairing Instructions for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- Make sure your mobile device’s Bluetooth is on through your device settings.
- Turn on your OV by pressing and holding the power button.
- Search for nearby devices. Your OV Headset should appear on the list after a few seconds. It will appear as “OV-xxxx” where xxxx = OV serial number.
- Select your device once it appears.
- Once you select your OV, a numeric code may be displayed on your device.
- (Optional) Enter the numeric code, pairing is now successful.
- Your OV is now paired and connected to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device.
Note: Ensure that there is no audio cable plugged into OV.
Once connected, you can now open the ONvocal app, and you will be taken to the homepage.
Pairing Instructions for Android (phone or tablet)
- On your Android device, turn Bluetooth On from the Settings menu
- On the Android device’s Bluetooth menu, select ‘Search for Devices.’ Your OV should appear in the list after a few seconds. Note that new devices appear at the bottom of the menu, so you may need to scroll down. It will appear as “OV-xxxx” where xxxx = OV serial number.
- Select your OV once it appears.
- Once you select your OV, a numeric code will be displayed on your device.
- (Optional) Enter the numeric code. Pairing is now successful.
Note: Ensure that there is no audio cable plugged into OV.
Note: On some devices, you may need to select the settings of the Paired Device (symbol on the right) and verify that ‘Call audio’ and ‘Media Audio’ are set to On.
Once connected, you can now open the ONvocal app, and you will be taken to the homepage.
9. Home Page – Using Presets
The app comes pre-loaded with four default presets, or “mixes”
- Phone Calls – Phone Call is engaged only when you take a phone call through OV. You must be on a call to adjust the Audio, Voice, and Ambient levels of this preset.
- Chat – No need to remove your earbuds to have a conversation – a simple press of the Chat button automatically dips music volume and turns up Ambient and Voice levels.
Note: A brief double press of the Ambient button will instantly put OV in chat mode. Another brief double press will bring you back to the listening mode you were in before.
- Aware – Use Aware to stay engaged with your surroundings. Do more than block out the sounds around you – use Ambient to control what you hear and what you don’t, in any situation. Ambient controls the volume level of the sounds around you. Voice level cannot be adjusted.
- Karaoke – Be a rock star! With Voice turned up, you can stay on key while singing along to a song. Use Karaoke for when you want to sing along to your favorite song, raising the Voice level, and Music level. So you can get the right combination of your voice input from the microphone and listen to that song. Ambient level cannot be adjusted.
- Music Bubble – With Voice and Ambient off, you can tune out the world and immerse yourself in sound. Use Music Bubble for when you want to become immersed in your audio source, by adjusting the Audio Level. Ambient level and Voice level cannot be adjusted.
Watch the demo of sound levels here: Demo
Tap a mix to select it. This will bring you to the ‘Adjust Mix’ screen. Each mix is a combination of three sliders that control the volume levels of different sound sources.
Creating a Mix
Instead of modifying the existing mixes, you can add your own to suit any need. Creating your own mix is quick and easy.
Start by selecting “New” from above the preset list. On the new mix screen:
- Tap ‘new mix’ and enter a name for your mix
- Adjust each slider to the desired level.
- Pressing on the speaker icon will mute the particular level.
- Select Reset to revert to the default levels.
- Select “Save” to add your mix to the preset screen, or back to cancel without saving the new mix. This reverts to the last active preset.
Your new mix is now just a touch away whenever you need it!
Keep your most frequently used mixes within easy reach with the “Reorder” function. To utilize this function, tap “Reorder” at the top of the preset list screen. Selecting this option places a button on the right side of each mix. Simply use the button to drag the mixes up or down the list, then tap “Save” to save the new order.
10. Adjusting a Preset
- Audio: This slider controls the volume of whatever is coming from your device, whether that is a phone call, song, audio book, or a voice assistant such as Siri or Google.
- Ambient: Use Ambient to stay engaged with the world. Do more than block out the sounds around you – use Ambient to control what you hear and what you don’t, in any situation. Ambient controls the volume level of the sounds around you. Turning this up allows you to be more aware of your surroundings, even while you have your ear buds in. Note that ambient sounds can still be drowned out by turning the Source volume too high.
- Voice: Use Voice for calls or singing along. This slider controls the volume level of your own voice as you speak or sing. Turn this up to make sure you’re not shouting on a call in a loud environment, or to make sure you’re singing on key to your favorite song.
- On the neckband, press and hold Voice, Ambient, or Source Up/Source Down buttons to cycle through volume levels. On the app, slide the blue button to move volume levels up or down.
Note: the neckband buttons adjust levels in larger jumps – 3 volume levels at a time – whereas the app can adjust feature levels anywhere from 1-15.
- To save these modifications, tap the “Save” button on the app. These settings are now the default levels for that mix.
- If you tap the “Back” arrow before saving, your adjustments will not be saved. The preset will revert to its previous settings when another preset is selected, or when the OV or your device is turned off.
Adjusting Phone Calls Preset
We’ve included a few default presets to get you started, the Phone Call preset is the only one that can’t be deleted. This is the mix that will be engaged automatically when you receive a phone call. To make sure you’re getting the best experience on your calls with the OV, we highly recommend customizing this mix first. To do so, try making a test call, perhaps to a friend or co-worker.
Once the call is active and you’re wearing the OV:
- Open the ONvocal app
- Select the “Phone Calls” preset
- Use the sliders to adjust levels
- When you’ve found your ideal mix, tap “Save”
Note: “Ambient” is typically turned off during calls to minimize distraction. Once saved, the OV will use these settings for all future calls.
When turned on, or after a call has ended, the OV will use whichever preset was last selected. All of these default presets can be adjusted, saved, or deleted at any time.
11. Safety Information
For your own safety and to avoid hearing damage, make sure that the volume on your music player is turned down before connecting your OV. After placing OV in your ears, gradually adjust the volume and mixes until you reach a comfortable listening level.
Noise levels are measured in decibels (dB), exposure to any noise at or above 85 dB can cause gradual hearing loss. Monitor your use; hearing loss is a function of loudness versus time. The louder it is, the less time you can be exposed to it. The softer it is, the more time you can listen to it. We want you to enjoy OV at optimal settings and in comfort.
Use headphones only when it’s safe to do so—do not use during any activity or in an environment where your full attention to your surroundings is required. We recommend adjusting your mix settings so that you can ensure the perfect balance between audio, ambience and voice.
It’s not advisable to drive while wearing headphones, and in many places, illegal because it decreases your chances of hearing life-saving sounds outside of your vehicle. Avoid wearing your headphones while driving.
12. How do I Check my OV Battery Level?
From the mix preferences, home page, look for the battery icon.
- 4 bars equals full charge.
- 3 bars equates to 75% or less charge.
- 2 bars equates to 50% or less charge.
- 1 bar equates to battery low, time to charge.
Pressing the battery icon will provide a percentage and tip for battery level.
The Notification Center on iOS includes a widget that allows you to quickly see what the remaining battery percentage of the OV device. Additionally, the widget allows users to see whether a connected device is charging or not.
- From anywhere in iOS, swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal Notification Center, then tap on the “Today” tab if you’re not already there
- Look for the “Batteries” section to view the battery life, charge status, and percentage remaining of the Bluetooth connected device.
The lightning bolt icon indicates the device is connected to a charger.
If you don’t see the Batteries section, confirm that you’re in the Today section of Notification Center. If nothing is visible in the list, you need to enable the battery list by scrolling to the bottom of the Notification Center screen, tap on “Edit” and then locate the Battery listing and add it manually.
13. Using Line-in with OV
OV comes with a 3.5mm mini jack cable that allows you to plug directly into any 3.5mm audio source such as your mobile phone’s headphone jack or an airplane. Using this line-in feature will extend battery life (up to 12 hours of use) but it is important to note that when using the line-in port, Bluetooth functions are disabled.
14. Using OV Scarf
- Disconnect earbud kit from the neckband of OV. Lay scarf on flat surface with openings facing up.
- Insert OV neckband through either neckband opening with OV connector slot facing up. Align center opening with connector slot on OV neckband.
- Insert OV earbud kit back in to connector slot.
- Snap, tie, or drape the scarf based on your style or activity.
15. Creating & Using an OV Account
Why should I create an OV account?
Registering your OV products to an OV Account allows you to take full control of OV and Amazon Alexa from the OV app, with other functionality to come in the future. It is an important step in ensuring products and services are securely registered and associated with your OV account.
What information do I need to sign-up?
You’ll only need an email address that you have access to. Avoid using non-personal emails when linking your account.
How do I sign-up?
When you download the OV app you will be prompted to set up your account so that you can control OV from the OV app. You must create an account to continue.
What information do you gather when I join OV?
I forgot my password, can I reset it?
Yes. Tap on “I forgot my password” within the OV app.
Please note the following password requirements when creating a new password:
- At least 6 characters
- Includes a number
- Includes a special character/symbol
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter